Teacher OpportunitiesThe Texas Virtual School is designed to help schools and districts help their students.To be considered as an online instructor: Applicants must supply the following documents and complete Region 4's WICC I training
(Inquire only if Texas Certified and WICC I trained Instructor)
- Resume or professional vita of teaching experience
- Copy of Texas Certificate for Grades 9 -12 in areas applying to teach
- Supply of proof of WICC I (Region 4) authorized training certificate (see below)r
- Background Check release formheck
- Fingerprinting verification form if fingerprinted with a school district on or after January 1, 2008.(signed and mailed to address below; to the attention of Texas Virtual School)
- If not fingerprinted, a prospective contractor (teacher) needs to contact TDPS directly to request a FAST pass for contractors. The number to call is 512.424.5079-Option 2).
- State mandates that all teachers must have proof of digital finger printing on file with hiring agency on or before September, 2011.n
The Web Instructor's Certification; Part I training must be completed BEFORE contracts are issued. The cost of this training is $500.00 per session. (Note: This is a Region 4 certification of completion, not a state mandated certification for teaching online.)
Region 4 ESC
Attention: Texas Virtual School Administrator
7145 West Tidwell Road
Houston, Texas 77092-2096
Teachers selected will work under a personal contract and paid on a per student/per semester basis. TVS does NOT provide benefits in the form of insurance and/or retirement.